The field closure hotline for the city is 905-832-8577 press 3. Please note: be patient, listen to the voice message, and wait for the prompts given by the recording, the extension listed may have changed.
In the interest if maintaining the high quality of playing fields and in effort to prevent injury, the City of Vaughan will enforce the following policy and procedures when sports fields become saturated. Sports fields issues/concerns are managed by the City of Vaughan.
In order to preserve the quality of City maintained sports fields, the Parks Operations staff maintain our sports fields with the assistance of the Managing Use on Premium Fields Policy and Wet Field Policy. If there is a heavy rainfall and saturation on the sports fields, Parks and Forestry may temporarily close soccer fields as per the policy.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SPORTS FIELD CLOSURE ALERTS
FIELD CLOSURE NOTICE - Attention All VSC members: Be the first to know when sports fields are closed! The City of Vaughan has an alert system to email you once a Sports Field Notice is posted on the website. By simply creating a profile on the City website and signing up for email alerts, notices will be sent to you by email the moment they happen!
REGISTER FOR ALERTS
1. Go to https://www.vaughan.ca/services/residential/parks_forestry_operations/parks_operations/sports_field_hotline/Pages/default.aspx
2. Select REGISTER (top right), follow prompts and Submit
3. An email is sent to you to activate your account. Click on the link in the email and you will confirm that your account is activated
4. Login (top right) to www.vaughan.ca
5. Click MyAccount (top left), click on my MyAlerts
6. Click on Sport Field Closure
7. Save Changes and LogOut
SCHOOL PARKING LOTS NOTICE
Please note: Vaughan Soccer Club has been notified by the City of Vaughan that parents/teams using school fileds, should refrain from parking in the school parking lots. School parking are not part of City of Vaughan field permits (OUR PERMITS ARE ONLY FOR FIELDS). Vaughan Soccer Club have no permit to use the school parking lots and therefore, parking lots will be locked by the schools. AVOID having your vehicle locked in!!!