VSC is proud to share the news update regarding the new park coming to Vaughan. We will be updating our members on a regular basis. Our last announcement was on the official ground breaking event for the two artificial turf fields (PHASE 1) for the North Maple District Regional Park that took place on Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Vaughan Soccer club was in attendance at the historical event.
Look for regular updates, as Councilor Marilyn Iafrate (Ward 1 councilor) hopes to be able to send the club a link soon, of the latest drone video taken of the grounds!
More recently: Golf Canada has conducted [and continues to conduct] several environmental studies, see article posted: Vaughan takes shot at becoming permanent home of Canadian Open golf tourney.
Read more about the development:
Once Golf Canada finalize their studies, they will be presenting to City of Vaughan Council in November 2017. Golf Canada has two locations in mind (MILTON and VAUGHAN), and once the studies are completed, the selection of a preferred site is expected before Dec. 1. We will post more updated information in November 2017.
These photos are courtesy of Councilor Marilyn Iafrate (Ward 1 councilor)
- NMRP Update: North Maple Regional Park is on track to open for summer 2018!
- Vaughan Soccer teams up with Mackenzie Health Foundation's Strides for Stroke 5K Run/Walk
- Vaughan Soccer's 8th Annual Toy Drive helps to support the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish
- Register for Sports Field Closure Alerts
- North Maple District Regional Park - Groundbreaking May 24th